NID COACHING CENTRE
What is NID?
National Institute of Design (NID) is an ‘Institute of National Importance’ as per the NID Act 2014 as well as an autonomous institute under the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India.
Recognized as Institute of National Importance and autonomous, the institute offers professional education programmes at Bachelors and Masters level with five faculty streams and 20 diverse design domains.
As an autonomous institute under DIPP, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, NID has been active in areas such as education, applied research, service and advanced training.
- NID is a premium design Institute of National Importance
- NID ranks as the 30th Best Design Institute in the world
- NID is the first choice for Design resources for many a design houses, multinational corporations and government institutions
- NID is an autonomous institute under the aegis of DIPP, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
- NID is the only institute in India with established exchange programs and have signed MOU with leading 55 overseas design Institutions for the ongoing pedagogic relationships.
- NID is the only design Institute to have credited with Integrated Design Services (Consultancy), Outreach programs & Industry Online programs.
- NID, with its Knowledge Management Centre, considered as the back bone of the institute has all the treasured wealth of knowledge showcasing the best collection of books, periodicals and other non book resources from all the corners of the world.
Professional Design Programs
NID offers professional Design Education programs at Bachelors, Graduate Diploma and Masters with five faculty streams and 20 diverse design domains at their various campus. Campuses Include Ahmedabad (Heritage campus), Bengaluru, Gandhinagar , Vijayawada and Kurukshetra in Haryana .
Below are the details of the disciplines offered at their various campuses
BACHELORS IN DESIGN
Duration: 4 years
Total Number of Seats: 100 seats
Reservations set as per the govt of India: (OBC/NCL: 27%: Scheduled Cast: 15 %: Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%)
Disciplines offered: Industrial Design, Communication Design, Textile, Apparel & Accessories Design
Campus: Ahmadabad, Gujarat
Faculty of Industrial Design
1. Ceramic & Glass Design (10 seats)
This discipline offers tremendous expressive qualities in the domain of art , creativity , and functional possibilities in the realm of craft, architectural spaces, health care, hospitality industry, Home decor, Hi tech products and lifestyle product categories .
2. Furniture Design ( 10 seats )
The program aims to educate designers to handle all aspects of furniture design as one integrated user centric area of study. The furniture discipline encourages students to develop a strong foundation of the basics, which facilitates anticipation of the future.
3. Product Design ( 15 seats )
Product design is concerned primarily with the relationship between products, systems and those who use them. Students are actively encouraged to participate in collaborative projects with industrial houses, social sectors, Govt & MNCs design projects.
Product design in NID can be broadly classified into:
- Design for Industry
- Design for quality of Life
- Design for health care
- Design for social impact
- Design for sustainability
- Design led futures
Faculty of Communication Design
1. Animation Film Design ( 15 seats )
The objective of the program is to enable students to find solutions to complex problems in various fields of communication design using animation film making as a creative medium
2. Exhibition Design ( 10 seats)
Exhibition Design is a synthesis of multiple design disciplines that come together to communicate objects, information and ideas across a range of three–dimensional environments. Aim of this discipline is to equip students with an understanding for planning of built or open spaces to provide an appropriate environmental for communication , & to create a contextual interpretation of ideas to audiences by creating a multi – sensory experience .
3. Film & Video communication ( 10seats)
The primary aim of Film & Video communication program is to train versatile design informed communicators, fluent in conception and production of short films on a range of educational, cultural, social, entertainment and marketing communication needs
4. Graphic Design ( 15 seats )
This program prepares students to take on all new context challenges and technological advancements in the field of visual Communication and specially in Graphic Design domain
Faculty of Textile, Apparel & Life style Accessories Design
The textile design programme strives to develop innovative and synergetic approaches to design for diverse sectors of the textile industry , markets and the social sector informed by an appreciation of the cultural Heritage , socio – economic and environmental concerns that is developed through field work & research
GRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAM IN DESIGN ( GDPD)
The four-year-long Graduate Diploma Programme in Design (GDPD) is oﬀered at NID Vijayawada and NID Kurukshetra in the following areas of specialisation:
- Industrial Design
- Communication Design
- Textile & Apparel Design
Duration: 4 years
Campus: Vijayawada (60 seats), Kurukshetra, Haryana ( 60 seats)
Duration: 2.5 years
Campus: Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Gandhinagar
Total number of Seats: 275 seats
Specialisations offered in Ahmadabad campus
Animation film design
Ceramic and glass design
Film & video communication
Specialisations offered in Bengaluru campus
Design for retail experience
Digital game design
Specialisations in Gandhinagar campus
Lifestyle accessories design
Strategic design management
New media design
Toy &game design
Transportation & Automobile design
Am I Eligible???
Applying for Bachelors Degree :
- Age Limit: Candidates up to 20 years .
- Should have completed with 50% marks or doing 12th standard from a recognized university/ govt recognized institution.
- The candidate can be from any discipline.
Applying for Masters program:
- Age Limit: Candidates up to 30 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline under the 10+2+4 system from any university or institute recognized by law in India.
TIME LINES FOR APPLICATIONS /SUBMISSIONS/RESULTS
- Application opens: October
- Written exams for B. Des & M. Des: January
- Results for DAT ( B.Des/M.Des / GDPD) :February
- 2 nd round exams for B.Des /GDPD (Studio Test): May
- 2nd round exams for M.Des (Studio Test): March
- Result declaration for M.Des: May
- Result declaration for B.Des / GDPD : May
Let’s Discuss the Exam Paper
The question papers for Bachelors in Design, Masters in Design & Graduate Diploma in Product Design consist of Max marks of 100. The duration for exam consists of 3 hours. The question paper can be divided in to two sections consisting of Creative ability type questions and General ability type questions. NID emphasises on student’s skills sets which include sketching skills, clarity in concept, creativity, problem solving skills & Understanding ratios, Proportions, scale. Subjects in general ability consist of Quantitative ability, analytical skills, English comprehension, communication, General knowledge and General awareness.
Time management is as important as the quality of work
Don’t forget to take a wrist watch to exam
Carry some rough papers to examination hall if allowed
Carry extra pencils to exam
Use quality pencils like Steadlers
Have enough sleep, the night before exam
Want more tips?
© 2018 MAD SCHOOL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.