NATA COACHING CENTRE
WHAT IS NATA?
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by COA since 2006 for securing admissions for Bachelor in Architect Program. The duration of the program is for 5 years
IMPORTANT DATES TO BE REMEMBERED FOR NATA EXAM
- Availability of information in the public domain From 03/01/2018
- Application form Start Date 18.01.2018.
- Application form End Date 02.03.2018.
- Availability of Admit Card 02.04.2018.
- Date and Time of Examination 29.04.2018. (Sunday) (10:30 AM to 01:30 PM)
- Publication of Results 01.06.2018.
Eligibility for applying
Candidates may come from the following backgrounds:
(a) 10+2 or equivalent passed/appearing;
(b) 10+3 Diploma (any stream) passed/appearing recognized by Central/State Govts;
(c) International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of Schooling.
SCHEDULE OF EXAM: – 2018
Date & Time of Examination: 29.04.2018 (Sunday) 10.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m.
Maximum Marks & Time Frame
Total Marks: Grand Total of 200 marks
Part A: – FIRST 90 minutes – Part A TOTAL 120 Marks Mathematics (MCQ) 20X2 = 40 Marks (ONLINE) General Aptitude (Multiple Choice Questions) 40X2 = 80 Marks (ONLINE)
Part B: – LAST 90 minutes- Part B TOTAL 80 Marks
(Drawings: Two questions in A4 Size paper 2X 40 = 80 Marks)
PATTERN OF QUESTIONS & MODE OF ANSWERING
Part A comprises of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) to be answered online and Part B will be answered on A4 size drawing sheets. All instructions will be available only in English medium.
The distribution of marks is outlined as follows:
Subject Distribution of Marks Total Marks Part A
Mathematics (20 Questions) 20 x 2 = 40
General Aptitude (40 Questions) 40 x 2 = 80
Drawing (2 Questions) 2 x 40 = 80
TOTAL 200 Marks
SUBJECTS FOR NATA
- Understanding of scale and proportion of objects
- Geometric composition
- Shape (building forms and elements, aesthetics, colour texture, harmony and contrast)
- Conceptualization and Visualization through structuring objects in memory.
- Drawing of patterns – both geometrical and abstract. Form transformations in 2D and 3D like union, subtraction, rotation, surfaces and volumes.
- Generating plan, elevation and 3D views of objects.
- Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shape and forms.
- Perspective drawing
- Sketching of Urbanscape and landscape
- Common day-to-day life objects like furniture, equipment etc., from memory.
- Coordinate geometry
- 3- Dimensional coordinate geometry
- Theory of calculus, Application of calculus
- Permutation & combination
- Statistics & probability
Objects, texture related to architecture and built environment. Interpretation of pictorial compositions, visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawing. Visualizing different sides of 3D objects. Analytical reasoning, mental ability (visual, numerical and verbal), General awareness of national/ international architects and famous architectural creations.
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Sets & Relations
MODE OF EXAM:
- Mathematics & General Aptitude : Online exam
- Drawing : Offline exam
Qualifying marks for NATA-2018 would be based on the following rules:
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the council
Application has to be filled up ONLINE at the NATA portal of https://learning.tcsionhub.in/test/nata-2018.
Candidates need to visit the portal and CLICK the requisite link ONLINE APPLICATION NATA– 2018 and thereafter will be directed to the actual application form. The form is interactive in nature and the fields required to be filled up are categorized in different sub-sections. The fields super-scribed with * MUST be filled up as they are MANDATORY, otherwise the application will NOT get submitted.
APPLICATION FEE DETAILS
A candidate applying for NATA– 2018 has to pay INR 1800/- (Rupees One thousand and eight hundred and only) as application fee, through ONLINE mode. This is inclusive of service fee charged by the bank. For SC/ ST candidates the application fee is Rs. 1500/- (one thousand five hundred only)
DETAILS OF THE SIZE &DIMENSION OF THE DOCUMENT
Document Type Storage size Image dimension minimum maximum Height Width
- Photograph JPEG or JPG 4 KB 100 KB 4.5 cm 3.5 cm
- Signature JPEG or JPG 1 KB 30 KB 1.5 cm 3.5 cm
- Community Certificate (for SC/ ST candidates only) JPEG/ JPG / PDF 5 KB 100 KB A4 format 6.3 Application Fee
For more details please visit the below mentioned web site :-
Time management is as important as the quality of work
Don’t forget to take a wrist watch to exam
Carry some rough papers to examination hall if allowed
Carry extra pencils to exam
Use quality pencils like Steadlers
Have enough sleep, the night before exam
Want more tips?
© 2016 MAD SCHOOL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
All material in this website except where explicitly stated are the property of Mad School.
This includes graphics, text, drawings, photographs and any other creative material. You cannot reprint any material or use any drawings or illustrations without explicit written permission from MAD SCHOOL