IIT JEE MAINS PAPER 2 – Barch
JEE-2 (JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR B.ARCH/B.PLANNING)
2019 JEE-2 exams has seen a directive or examination conducted moving responsibility from CBSE in the past towards NTA (NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY), (in institutions other than IIT) an independent autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization under society Registration Act 1860 towards conducting efficient, transparent and international standards test for assessing the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher education Institutes in B. Arch & B. Planning( NIT,SPA,CEPT & all central funded institutes other than IIT) .The responsibility for the same has been entrusted by the Department of Higher Education, MHRD, to NTA from 2019 onwards. The year 2017-18 witnessed a total of 11,235 students appearing for JEE examinations
Surprises & Benefits of JEE in 2019
The year 2019 will see JEE exams conducted twice before admissions in the next academic session.
Your Benefits include
- Student benefit to improve scores if they fail to give their best in the first attempt without compromising on their whole academic year
- A first hand experienced is always derived by any a student taking these exams as the same can be seen as an opportunity towards ones mistakes and future improvement.
- This shall reduce year dropping and droppers would not have to waste a full year
- This pattern helps students who have missed exams, citing reasons beyond control not to wait for one whole year as there is a second chance waiting for them
- A best of the 2 scores will be taken for consideration towards Merit List /ranking
The first attempt will be held in the month of January & the second attempt in the Month of April. Applications forms are open for the first attempt from 1st September 2018- 30th September 2018, where the dates extend till 1st November towards remittance of payment. The results for first attempt shall be declared by 31st of January 2019.
Am I Eligible to write JEE?
One of the surprises includes omission of age limit .Eligibility includes candidates who have cleared XII examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age with Mathematics as a main subject with five other subjects.
JEE-2 (Analysis & Comparison with 2017-2018)
The Maximum Marks that can be scored in JEE-2 is 390.Time frame for the exam consists of 3 hours. The Question paper is divided into 2 sections. With Mathematics and Aptitude on one side and Drawing on the other side. There are 103 questions in total with 50 questions in the Aptitude section, 50 questions in the Mathematics part and 3 questions in drawing. The aptitude questions consist of 200 marks in total 120 marks for Mathematics and 70 marks in Drawing. Part 1 , consisting of Mathematics & Aptitude follows the Computer based mode and Drawing test; Part 2 , consisting of offline mode which is to be attempted on a drawing sheet .
Feedback from Students: Question paper
2017-2018, witnessed comments from students consisting of the question paper being moderate but adding surprises with the nature of questions being tricky and lengthy. The level of difficulty was similar compared to 2017 and 2016 year’s paper. The aptitude exam was easy in comparison to maths which consumed time. The exam had no errors with overall impression leading to students having had a better question paper provided in 2017-2018 than compared with 2016-2017.
2019 shall also see JEE2 paper conducted in a single shift compared to JEE Mains conducted in 2 shifts. Only the raw marks obtained by all the candidates who appeared in the first attempt will be declared by 31st January 2019 .The second attempt shall also see exams conducted in a single shift .Those appeared in both the attempts, their best of the two raw marks will be considered for further processing.
SYLLABUS FOR JEE 2 (B.Arch. & Planning)
The Part -1 Consists of: – (Computer Based Exam)
- Awareness of places, Buildings & Materials
- Objects, Texture related to Architecture and build Environment
- Visualizing 3 dimensional objects from two dimensional drawings
- Visualizing different size of three dimensional objects
- Analytical reasoning & Mental Ability ( Visual , Numerical & Verbal )
Part II – Consists of (Paper Based)
- Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects
- Building forms & elements
- Colour texture
- Harmony & Contrast
- Design & Drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil.
- Generation of plan , elevations & 3d view of objects
- Creation of 2d & 3d compositions
The day of the Exams: Procedures & Time
- Time of the examination: First shift is from 9.30 am-12.30 am
- Use of electronic devices like Mobile phone, calculator is not permitted in the exam hall
- Candidates should carry with them the below mentioned documents on the day of the examination :-
- Print copy of the Admit card ( downloaded from NTA website)
- One passport size photograph
- Authorized photo IDS ( Aadhar card/Passport)
- PwD certificate issued by competent authority ( as applicable only)
- The candidate shall report 2 hours before the commencement of examination
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any baggage inside the centre of examination
Seat Allocation & Admission Procedures
Candidates shall be offered admission based on their choices and All India Ranks of JEE through a seat allocation process. Candidates are advised to regularly visit JEE ( www.jeemain.nic.in) for latest information.
Important Dates & Events
Schedule of JEE 2
|Commencement of Online Application (1st attempt).||1/9/2018 – 30/9/2018|
|Commencement of Online Application ( 2nd Attempt)||8/2/2019 – 7/3/2019|
|Date for Last date of payment ( 1st Attempt)|| |
1/9/2018 – 1/10/2018
|Date for Last date of Payment ( 2nd Attempt)|| |
8/2/2019 – 8/3/2019
|Date of Exam ( 1st Attempt)|| |
6/1/2019 – 20/1/2019
|Date for Exam ( 2nd Attempt)|| |
|Declaration of Result (1st Attempt)|| |
31st Jan 2019
|Declaration of Result (2nd Attempt)|| |
30th April 2019
For more details call us or drop a quick email on [email protected]