NATA COACHING CHENNAI
WHAT IS NATA?
NATA exam is conducted traditionally every year by the Council of Architecture since 2006 for students to get admissions for Bachelors program in Architecture field. The duration of the program is for 5 years.
Batches Started for Nata coaching in Hyderabad and Chennai
Hearty congratulations to Aadarsh Reddy – CEPT Ahmedabad – (NATA/JEE Mains II 2018)
Congratulations!! Adarsh Reddy, a NATA aspirant who got placed in CEPT Ahmedabad. He is a Hyderabad and has opted for our 1 year programme for NATA and JEE mains paper 2 coaching.
Take your first step towards building your Architecture career
Dedicate your first career steps to NATA coaching in Chennai. For B Arch and planning degree, NATA is an all India Examination conducted national wide as per Regulations 1983 published in Gazette of India by COA since 2006. The main objective behind conducting NATA exam is to provide a single competitive exam which facilitates for admissions in 5 year B Arch courses all over India for various students, institutes and the public for wider reach. We have about 450 reputed institutions providing Architecture career education in India. However, based on the NATA score, the admissions are carried out differently by the concerned authorities with respect to the institutions and the NATA scores. NATA exam does the justification to measure the competence and aptitude knowledge of the candidate who takes the architecture exam.
NATA assessment topics
- Aesthetic sensitivity
- Critical thinking ability
- Drawing and Observation skills
- A sense of proportion
Let’s discuss the question paper now. The NATA question paper consists of 2 parts segregated into Part A and Part B. Part A consists of Multiple choice questions (Online) and Part B consists of Drawing (Offline) which shall be discussed in detail as you scroll down.
Are you Eligible?
This has been a constant question among NATA aspirants. We would like to stick to the NATA brochure http://www.nata.in/NATA2018-Brochure.pdf.
- 10+2. The candidate should have passed or appeared in the current year or any equivalent examination of central state governments with 50 % aggregate marks and with mathematics as the compulsory subject of examination.
- 10+3 Diploma, the candidate can hold any degree recognized by central/ state govt. with a minimum aggregate of 50% with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of the examination
- Candidate should be International Baccalaureate diploma passed or appearing after 10 years of schooling with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks and maths with a compulsory subject of the examination.
Career competition in NATA exam
This is an apt question for you, the one writing the exam. To give you a glimpse of the competition in NATA, we studied that in the year 2017-2018, we have had 45000 students registered for the exam of which 40,000 people appeared approximately. More than 35,250 approximately cleared the exam successfully. Majority of female candidates cracked the exam when seen the gender variation. After engineering and medical field, a large amount of growth appears to be for NATA in the coming years. The NATA graduates have a good amount of opportunities in the Public and private sector.
NATA Question paper and pass percentage
The NATA exam is carried out for 3 hours (200 marks) with Part A and Part B. Part A section holds Mathematics and general aptitude (Objective type) and Part B holds drawing.
PART A consists of 60 questions in total with 20 questions dedicated for Mathematics( 2 marks each) and 40 questions dedicated for Aptitude (2 marks). We have students who crack Part A and score full marks in this section. It is a great relief for NATA aspirants to know that there is no negative marking in this exam and this turns out as the best opportunity to score full marks in this section. Part A will be computer-based and Part B will be paper-based.
PART B, here is the drawing section which consists of 2 questions of 40 marks. An important factor to consider is the logic applied to this part, nobody till date has scored full marks in the drawing part. Tips to crack NATA exam can help you crack this section as well. However, the additional tips used to crack the NATA exam will be constant practice for drawing, lighting and shading, compositions, proportions, colour application and theory, texturing, etc.
NOTE: Students must clear both the sections with the cut off percentage set by the NATA board.
Topics covered for NATA exam
- Mathematics :Algebra, Matrices, Logarithms, 3-Dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Theory of Calculus, Application of Calculus, Trigonometry, Permutation & Combination ,Coordinate Geometry and Statistics & Probability.
- General Aptitude: Mathematical Reasoning, Interpretation of pictorial compositions, Sets & Relations, Visualizing 3-dimensional objects from 2-dimensional drawing, Analytical Reasoning, Mental Ability ( visual Numerical & Verbal ), Visualizing sides of 3D objects, General awareness: National/ International Top architects and their famous buildings.
- Drawing :–
- Objects: Scale & Proportion; Geometric composition, shape, building, forms and Elements
- Aesthetics ; Colour; Texture; Harmony & Contrast
- Memory drawing of Objects
- Drawing of pattern: Geometrical & Abstract
- Generating plan, elevation and 3d views of objects
- Creating 2d and 3 d compositions using given shape and forms
- Perspective drawing
- Sketching of Urbanscape, landscape, Common day to day life objects like furniture Equipment from memory
NATA admissions and counselling process
Appearing for the NATA exam alone doesn’t give away a ticket to admissions in various Architect colleges as all the participating colleges choose candidates according to the Merit list and the ranks prescribed by them. The NATA counselling dates are out only after the announcement of results every year in the month of July. The candidate should score well both in NATA EXAM and state board/CBSE/ICSE, etc. The final score will be calculated by considering 50% marks from the board exams or any other qualifying exam with Maths as a mandated subject and 50% marks obtained in NATA. Counselling will be held first for the merit list and then followed by some colleges with 3 to 4 rounds of counselling accordingly. Students who do not get through the counselling can opt for management seats by contacting the individual colleges personally.
Every state has a different procedure for counselling. Some of the states that follow the central process of counselling may include
- Maharashtra : DTE Maharashtra architect counselling
- Haryana: HSTES
- Rajasthan : REAP Counselling
- Gujarat : ACPC Counselling
- Telangana : ( JNAFAU & Affiliated colleges )
- Uttar Pradesh : UPSEE
- VIT : VIT B.Arch Admission
Required documents to carry during NATA counselling process
- NATA Admit Card
- NATA Score card
- Class 12th Mark sheet & Certificate
- Class 10th Certificate
- Category Certificate ( If applicable )
- Caste Certificate ( SC/ST Special Category)
- Residence Certificate
- 3 to 4 passport size photographs with a light background, without specs as per the guidelines of State/University of the college
- Transfer certificate from the last educational institute you have studied
- Birth Certificate
To know the detailed list of colleges accepting NATA Score write to us at
[email protected] with the NATA Scorecard or the Hall ticket number.
Things to carry to the Examination Hall
Students are requested to follow the below guidelines to omit any misconduct/forgetfulness
- Identity proof: Aadhar card/ voter id
- Downloaded NATA admit card
- You are permitted to carry a clipboard or a writing pad
- Pen, Pencils, Eraser
- Mobile phones, calculator and other electronic devices are not allowed inside the examination hall
- No material which includes printed/written should be carried inside the examination hall
- Mobile phones, calculator and other electronic devices are restricted
- You shall not leave the exam hall until the duration of the exam is over
- Any candidate who is found misguiding the rules and regulation shall be handed over to the police
|SL NO||EVENTS||IMPORTANT DATES|
|1||Availability of info on the public domain||From March|
|2||Application form Start date||2nd week of January|
|3||Application form End date||1ST week of March|
|4||Availability of Admit card||1st week of April|
|5||Date & Time of Exams||End of April ( 10.30am-1.30 pm)|
|6||Publication of Results||1st week of March|
( Aforesaid dates are subjected to change )
Frequently asked questions
1.What does NATA coaching in Chennai start?
NATA exam is conducted in the month of April and July every year. If you are good at sketching and drawing, you’ll need 2 to 3 months of training to prepare for NATA exam. However, if you wanna score good marks I’m NATA, you can start training for 11th grade itself.
2.Does NATA coaching classes in Chennai cover all the subjects in NATA exam ?
Yes, we cover all the subjects like sketching, reasoning, mathematics and architectural aptitude for short and long-term batches in the classroom.
3.Where is the NATA institute located in Chennai?
The NATA coaching centre in Chennai is located at Anna Nagar, quite close to SBOA school.
4.Who is going to take NATA coaching classes?
Our NATA coaching classes in Anna Nagar Chennai are taken by the IIT alumni and other experts who are from the same stream and will help you with both precessional and academic knowledge.
5.How many centres do we have ?
Currently, Our NATA coaching classes are available in Anna Nagar, Chennai and Punjagutta, Hyderabad.
6.What are our NATA coaching class timings ?
Our NATA classes in Chennai are available are quite flexible. We are open all days from Tuesday to Sunday. This includes NATA long-term batches and NATA short-team batches.
7.Is it possible to have a NATA demo class ?
Not really but if you are dissatisfied with the NATA classes, we will refund your money within first seven days.
8.What are the best books for NATA coaching ?
Arihant is one the best books you can use for NATA self- preparation. This book is pretty good for aptitude preparation, for maths and sketching you will need some more material. MAD school Chennai provides updated study materials for all subjects and we have a dedicated team who works constantly on improving its quality and question details.
9.For how long can I take NATA classes chennai ?
This totally depends on the student’s creativity, most of them start their NATA training from 11th class itself but we do have wide range of programs which includes long-term and short-term courses. You can join the one that fits your needs.
10.Why MAD school is best NATA coaching in Chennai and Hyderabad ?
We have 98% pass percentage in NATA that makes our students and us proud.
The faculty and mentors are renowned architects who share their professional and academic experience along the way. So, MAD School is the best place for you to start your architectural career.
- Time management is as important as the quality of work
- Don’t forget to take a wrist watch to exam
- Carry some rough papers to examination hall if allowed
- Carry extra pencils to exam
- Use quality pencils like Steadlers
- Have enough sleep, the night before exam
Want more tips?
© 2016 MAD SCHOOL. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
All material in this website except where explicitly stated are the property of Mad School.
This includes graphics, text, drawings, photographs and any other creative material. You cannot reprint any material or use any drawings or illustrations without explicit written permission from MAD SCHOOL