COUNSELLING PROCESS FOR NATA (ARCHITECTURE)
How do I apply for Architecture Counselling through NATA score?
NATA is a state level counselling targeted towards fulfilling seat allocation in Architecture colleges in their respective state. There are two processes which include seats allocated through the process of counselling and the other through Management. Students who possess a valid/pass score in NATA shall need to apply. Relaxation however in your inter/ board exams are relaxed on the wake of COVID as per government order. Minimum requirement is to clear your 12th Board exam along with a valid NATA score. However the relaxation shall be applicable for this year and shall not be carried forward in the coming years
In order to participate in the counselling seats in their respective state candidate need to submit their application form online with their state level official web site.
Below mentioned are some of the state wise web site for BArch counselling. Dates shall be notified and candidates are advised to check the respective web site on a daily basis
- Telengana – ( TSCHE) Barch.tnea.ac.in (https://www.tsche.ac.in)
- Uttar Pradesh – Upsee (upsee.nic.in)
- Karnataka- Kcet (https://cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/)
- West Bengal – WBJEE (state level) (https://wbjeeb.nic.in)
- Kerala – Keam ( State level) (cee.kerala.gov.in/keam_2020)
- Odhisha- OJEE (state level ) (ojee.nic.in)
- Karnataka- Comdek ( state level) (www.comedk.org)
- Maharashtra- MHT CET (https://mhtcet2020.mahaonline.gov.in/)
- Delhi – JAC (https://jacdelhi.nic.in/)
- Andhra- APSCHE (http://apsche.org/apsche_new/)
Participating colleges for NATA Counselling?
The link provided shall take you to the list of colleges approved by COA / state wise (Council of Architects)
Click on the link for participating colleges: https://www.coa.gov.in/show_img.php?fid=685
How many colleges is there offering architecture in India with total number of seats?
There are 480 Architecture colleges with average of 40-60 seats in India.
Are there Government college offering seats based on NATA score?
Yes. Below mentioned are the partial list of Govt colleges accepting NATA score
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam
- Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
- Mizoram University, Aizawl
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh State Technical Campus, Ferozepur
- Sir JJ College of Architecture, Mumbai
- CEPT University, Ahmedabad
- School of Architecture, R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore
- SRM University, Multiple Locations
- Manipal University, Faculty of Architecture, Multiple Locations
- IP University, New Delhi
What will the cost of a 5 year BArch Program?
The cost varies from college to college. SPA (School of planning and architecture) , Delhi one of the premium B. Arch Govt colleges cost Rs 121600 ( approx. ) for 1 year. Hostel/ Mess and stationaries come in as extra and do not include the same in tuition fees. The fees can range anywhere between 1 lakh- 4 lakh per annum.
How would you rank / select the best colleges in India for study?
There are no official / regulatory ranking bodies for Architecture colleges in India. Most of the ranking that you see on the web site are paid. The best possible way is to depend on your own intuition based on the information that you collect from the market. Some of the definite parameters that you should choose before you make a decision shall be the History of Institution/ Past alumni / placements, Industry connect qualified resources / faculties who are practicing architects, Research and development, Infrastructure, on campus pulse etc. However you can also visit National Association of Students of Architecture (https://nasaindia.co/ranking) for all your future references while making a decision.
Are there reservation policies for BArch colleges In India?
Yes. There are reservation policies and the same differs from college to college. For more information please check with the colleges individually that you are applying with